5 February 2016
The European Commission and the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy will host the third EU-Norway energy conference on 5 February 2016 in Brussels.
Thon Hotel EU - Conference room Belgium
Rue de la Loi 75, Brussels
Participants will be welcomed by Dominique Ristori, Director General for Energy at the European Commission. The Conference will continue with keynote speeches by Miguel Arias Cañete, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy, and Tord Lien, Norwegian Minister for Petroleum and Energy.
The two panels of the conference will focus on EU-Norway energy cooperation, in particular on the role for gas in the EU of tomorrow and the Nordic electricity market as a model of regional integration.
Norway is a strategic energy partner for the EU, and a major supplier of oil, gas and electricity. As a member of the European Economic Area, it has also adopted EU energy market rules in its legislation.
5 February 2016
|8.30 – 9:40
||Registration and coffee
|9:40 – 9:50
||Welcome by Dominique Ristori, Director General for Energy, European Commission
|9:50 – 10:40
||Key Note Addresses, followed by Q&A
Miguel Arias Cañete, Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy
Tord Lien, Norwegian Minister of Petroleum and Energy
|10:40 – 11:55
||Panel 1: What role for gas in the EU of tomorrow
Chair: Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Director Energy Policy, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
- Jens Økland, Executive Vice President of Marketing, Midstream & Processing, Statoil
- Marjan van Loon, President Director Shell Netherlands
- Edouard Neviaski, Member of the Eurogas Governing Board and Executive Vice President, Energy Management and Trading ENGIE
- Oliver Schafer, President of Solar Power Europe and Director for Market Development and Policy in SunPower Corporation
|11:55 – 12:15
|12:15 – 13:30
||Panel 2: The Nordic electricity market as a model of regional integration
Chair: Bjørn Ståle Haavik, acting Secretary General, Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
- Per Sanderud, Director General, Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate (NVE)
- Bente Hagem, Chairman of the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E)
- Mikael Lundin, CEO, Nord Pool Spot
- Ronnie Belmans, Professor KU Leuven - University
|13:30 – 15:00
The conference will be held on 5 February 2016 in the Thon Hotel EU (Rue de la loi 75, Brussels)
Located in the European Quarter of Brussels, Thon Hotel EU is your eco-friendly hotel in Brussels and is an ideal starting point for both business and leisure travelers: most of the European Institutions are within easy walking distance and the historical city center is also about a stone's throw away.
More info: http://www.thonhotels.com/hotels/countrys/belgium/brussels/thon-hotel-eu/getting-there/
Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 75, B-1040 Brussels
Telephone: +32 (0)2 204 3911
For organisational questions around the conference, please contact email@example.com